Sunday, March 24, 2013

THE FARM HOUSE

I have had requests to see some photos of the house,so here are some that I took today



Back of house,single extension with french windows is the kitchen.
We do not seem to be getting any spring weather so the garden is devoid of any flowers or color,so these are rather drab looking shots.
The hall

Antique two seater bench,we think this is monastic and may well have come from an old church.
 One end of sitting room
 Other end of sitting room
The sitting room is open plan and has a gallery  above one end leading to the bedrooms.
I have photos of the garden projects,but I will post those next weekend.
Until then,have a good week,
Carolyn.

4 comments:

  1. Your new home is very nice....so glad to have you back on blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can well-understand that uprooting yourself from your castle must have been quite a wrench (even though it sounds like it was for the best). However, your new home has enchanting bones! I love the many, interesting-sized windows (I'm a window person -- love a good view almost more than the room it's set in) and the gallery up top is so cool. The ceiling there, with its various planes and corners, would be something I'd be thrilled to plunk on top of my own little house. It looks like you're already turning it into a home -- lucky house to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a grand place to retire to.....Lot of work mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your floors.
    I do like the design and the landscaping on way to the fron entrance.
    Fine home you have.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete