Thursday, April 11, 2013

GUESS WHAT IT IS.

This photo is an object on the patio in the garden,in fact there are two of them.They are about 3feet tall and as round as a large barrel constructed in concrete.I thought they were some kind of ( not very interesting ) modern art structures .I recently found out what they are,but for a bit of fun,wondered what you thought they might be.!!

The next  couple of photos are little oddities connected to the house and garden.


 A folk art stone head in the shrubbery
 The ancient stone dog or lion guarding the entrance to the side passage to the house.
Two angel heads? either side of the front door.
The more I look at the stone and the garden the more I am convinced that who ever did the new building on the house used reclamation stone and marble from an old church or monastery.

To finish my post today I leave you with pics of the birds on the feeders.


With so many bird in their spring plumage,lets hope spring actually arrives.!!!!
Carolyn.

6 comments:

  1. A lovely post, one which I enjoyed very much. I wish I knew what the first picture was but I don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are either BBQs or urinals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I hope spring arrives for you. It's really teasing us here. Warm one day and now very chilly today! Love the little birdies at the feeders! And the first photo...sort of looks like some kind of seating, for a skinny person! ha ha. But, 3 ft is a bit tall for seating. Hope you tell us soon! I'll be pondering that one all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oow, oow, oow!!!!! I think I've got it! I've been puzzling about this since yesterday, and suddenly it's come to me! Are the mystery objects perhaps places to coil your garden hoses???

    I absolutely love all the statues and architectural oddments that are sprinkled over your house and garden. I wonder if you can sleuth out where they came from originally.

    What are the birds at your feeder? They look a bit like our goldfinches...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what the first picture is but I want one. I like unique or odd objects. Nice post and look forward to finding out what that is.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments.
    Adrian got the right answer,they are in fact BBQ's.I thought Leslie's suggestion of them being used to store the garden hose,very practical and a good idea as they are near to to the garden water tap.!!
    Cheryl,I thought they were some kind of seating but you would need to be quite tall and very skinny,so ,I not fit that profile.!!!
    I am now looking for more things to post in the... what is it category ... as it was fun to read your replies.
    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete