Sunday, April 28, 2013

ON MY WALK TODAY.

Though busy in the garden this week,not a lot has been happening  of any interest.The weather continues to fluctuate between spring,summer and winter,all three in one day.!!!
However,I did manage to get some photos  today while taking the dog for a walk.

The walk started with this,put rain coat on,when there is a rainbow,there is going to be a heavy shower of rain.
After a short shower the sun came out and it was quite warm,so took off rain coat.I saw this cheeky little pied wag tail on a gate post,he was very keen to have his picture taken and followed me up the road for quite a while.
 

This lamb was also bemused by my camera and posed beautifully for me,or it might have been the the dog  he was interested in.!!
We have not had many wild flowers  this year so this was a rare find.The biggest  Primroses I have seen for years  but they would have easily been missed because they were growing well away from the road,in thick reeds and briars.
These Violets are also a rarity this year.They are one of my favorite wild flowers so I was thrilled to find these.
Having walked two miles ,I was greeted by this herd of deer,the perfect end to an enjoyable walk,and I was back before the next shower of rain and hailstones.
I wish you all a pleasant week.
Carolyn.

7 comments:

  1. I love prim roses...Cant keep them as something keeps eating them every year.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild primroses and violets -- how wonderful! The deer are also beautiful, but do they ever cause problems in the garden? Where we live, we have to have an 8 ft. fence around the orchard or the deer would destroy it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sights on your walk! I love the rainbow and the little lamb is so sweet! Have a wonderful week, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lovely walk you took us on. I loved the little bird and lamb but truly, all your photos were very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping in to say hi. Love all the photos in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in to see if you had started posting again. Hope all is well with you and just to let you know I was thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete