Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A REVIEW OF 2013

First I would like to wish all of you a very happy and peaceful New Year and I would also like to thank those of you who have enquired about me due to my lack of blogging,it was nice to know I was missed.
Since my last post in April,my quiet life became so quiet I felt I had nothing to blog about and the longer I put off blogging the harder it became to get going again.
Looking back over the year things did happen,it was not as boring as I had imagined,in May my friend Deb from Delaware came to stay with me for a week and I had a wonderful time showing her around Ireland,well the county I live in,I will show her the rest when she comes again.!!
My eldest grandson left school and went off to university,my granddaughter changed from a little girl into a very tall teenager and the youngest ones have started school and are growing up so fast it it frightening.!!
In September John and I went to England to a very grand wedding,I also visited my sister and my mother,the first time I had seen them this year.
I got on a horse for the first time in years....yes that is me in the new header picture...!!!
Now we have just spent a very quiet Christmas as most of the family went away this year,and we will have a very quiet New Year as they are all still away.
I have not taken a lot of  photos this year but I will leave you with a few of the better ones I did manage to take.


 Cheeky rabbit
 August thistles
 Peacock butterfly
 Fox,hoping I could not see him .
Hummingbird Hawk Moth,not common in Ireland,so I was thrilled to get this photo.
My New Year resolution is to make sure I do something worth blogging about and not let my quiet life get to quiet and boring.
Carolyn.

5 comments:

  1. I've missed you! I'm so happy to see you resurface in blogland. You look stunning on the horse (your daughters?) -- and I love the feathers on his feet. Your photos are outstanding as always -- the crouching fox is a wonderful study, as is "cheeky rabbit". This particular person in California thinks that anything to do with your "quiet" life in Ireland is exotic and quite exciting. So please keep posting. I'm a fan! Happy new year to you. :) Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carolyn! It's wonderful to see a post from you! That is a cute photo of you on the horse and the other photos are wonderful,too. I just love the way the rabbit seemed to pose just for you. Wishing you a very happy, healthy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond thrilled to have you back! Love the photos....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LINDA,CHERYL AND LESLIE,
    Thank you so much for your comments on this post and for not giving up on me after I gave up blogging for so long.It was lovely to hear words of encouragement from you all and I will,now,attempt to blog again.
    Thank you,Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I managed to miss this when it was posted. Beautiful photos. Happy New Year, and I look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete